The purpose of the Blue Springs Chamber Business of the Year award is to recognize excellence in business.
Each year the Chamber recognizes businesses that are active members of the community and proud of what they have achieved in business.
Companies may nominate themselves, be nominated or nominate another company. Nomination forms are accepted from the end of September to the beginning of October. Forms will be available here during that time.
“Words cannot express what this honor means to us–To be one of the six fabulous businesses represented by the Blue Springs Chamber is the best! We take pride in knowing the Chamber members, other businesses, and friends we have made along the way.”The Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year winner will be chosen with the following guidelines and criteria:
– Jane Semrau, Print Graphics—2017 Winner
The guidelines are:
- Must be a Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce member in good standing.
- Must be in business for a minimum of three (3) years.
With consideration of the following criteria:
- Active member of the community and leadership role of owner(s) and/or staff in civic activities.
- Mission and stability of business and business practices.
- Gives generously of themselves and/or staff in time and resources to the community and/or Chamber.
Each year, businesses that are nominated are asked to provide information to a Selection Committee. This appointed Selection Committee confidentially reviews and evaluates the applications. The Selection Committee consists of the following: Past Chair of the Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce, Chairman or Previous Chairman of the Blue Springs Economic Development Council, the previous year’s Connector of the Year and two previous winners of the Business of the Year Award.
Previous Business of the Year Winners:
- 2017- Print Graphics
- 2016 – St. Mary’s Medical Center
- 2015 – Kennedy’s Custom Jewelers
- 2014 – Lunar Bowl
- 2013 – Foster Dental Care
- 2012 – Office Products Alliance
- 2011 – The Village Gardens
- 2010 – Hy-Vee Food & Drug Store
- 2009 – McDonald’s, McCamm Management
- 2008 – Side Pockets of Blue Springs
- 2007 – St. Mary’s Medical Center
- 2006 – Haldex Corporation
- 2005 – Stewart Title
- 2004 – Great American Gymnastic Express
- 2002 – Lunar Bowl
- 2001 – Cochran, Oswald, McDonald, Roam & Moore
- 2000 – Meyer Brothers Building Company
- 1999 – Blue Springs Ford
- 1993 – Kwik Kopy Printing