The Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce has conducted many successful ribbon cuttings for businesses of all types and sizes. We usually help 20-30 businesses/organizations with ribbon cuttings each year.
Ribbon cuttings can be held within the first year of opening, if there is new ownership of a current business, and for a significant remodeling. They provide an opportunity to showcase your business. The Chamber is here to assist, and guide you to help ensure a well-planned and well-attended event.
Selecting a good date and time is a critical first step. We want to avoid conflicts with community meetings and events. We also want to allow enough time to promote the ribbon cutting.
For a Ribbon Cutting the Chamber will:
- Assist with coordinating the date and time for best attendance
- Promote the event in publications, at meetings and with e-mails to members and invite the Chamber Board of Directors, members, local government leaders and elected officials.
- Manage the ceremony on the day of the event. As the business owner or manager, you will be asked by our volunteer emcee to talk about your business and introduce key staff members.
- Provide the ribbon, scissors and photographer, as well as submit the photo to local media.
- Include a photo of your ribbon cutting in the newsletter and also post it to Facebook after the event
Things you can do to make your ribbon cutting successful:
- Promote it to customers and invite vendors, business associates, family and friends.
- Provide light refreshments, as appropriate.
- Collect business cards from those who attend. Follow up with a note of thanks for attending.
- Introduce your staff and tell a little about your business, when prompted by the volunteer emcee during the ceremony.
- Offer specials or drawings for the day of the ribbon cutting.
Ribbon Cuttings are provided free as a benefit to members of the Blue Springs Chamber of Commerce. We are happy to assist with ribbon cuttings for non-members for a small fee. Contact Trish Totta for more information.